Our Family
Aug 2012
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Birthday obligations
Later today are heading to Jon's parents for a birthday party. His mom's birthday was Friday and Matt's girlfriends birthday was Saturday so we are doing dinner tonight. I hate going over there. Carly only talks if she wants something from you, Matt tries to talk but she drags him off. When he talks he tries to prove he's smart and that they are great parents, both are bullshit. Becky complains and Craig is constantly aggravated. Stacy sits silently on the couch and Chris walks around being his normal obnoxious self. The cousins play and sometimes fight. Jon talks cars and mockingly agree's with the "the world/government is out to get you" attitude. I try to keep my mouth shut, usually unsuccessfully. Everyone pretends to be a happy family. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my family I hate the games. I hate the pretending, the complaining, the tension, the snotty comments and the guilt trips. I hate the people they bring out in me and Jon. One on one I love 'em all but put everyone in one room and it's guaranteed that someone will get their feeling hurt and someone stomps off angry. Oh family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment